Owning a home or business comes with a lot of responsibility. There’s so much you need to stay on top of so that everything runs smoothly while also being cost-efficient. What many people don’t realize is that regular garage door maintenance can wind up saving you thousands of dollars in repairs or unnecessary garage door replacement.
Door-Mart™ Garage Doors offers emergency repair service for all of our clients in our service areas throughout California. Whether your garage door suffers damage in the early hours of the morning or just before midnight, we can send a technician to your location to assess the situation and make the necessary repairs in a timely manner.
Maintenance Should be a Yearly Goal
Garage door maintenance should be a yearly goal for property owners, even if there are no other underlying issues. Sometimes property owners fall into a false sense of security when it comes to their garage doors. Just because the door is running smoothly, not making any weird noises, and hasn’t suffered damage doesn’t mean it shouldn’t receive annual maintenance.
Yearly garage door maintenance is a preventive measure for property owners, possibly saving them thousands in costly repairs. When one of the techs from Door-Mart™ Garage Doors comes to your home or business to conduct yearly maintenance, he or she will inspect the door, the tracks, the motor, and all the parts to ensure that everything is in good shape and working properly. Even though some parts might need replacing, doing so as a maintenance item can save you a lot of money in the long run.
What Maintenance is Performed at a Yearly Appointment?
If you schedule a yearly garage door maintenance appointment with Door-Mart™ Garage Doors, our technicians will inspect and assess the following conditions for you:
- Hardware components such as fasteners, bolts, lag screws, hinge bolts, and bearings.
- Ensure the door is riding properly on the tracks
- Ensure that the motor is running properly
- Maintain and Adjust spring tension
- Lubricate multiple areas of the garage door system
- Inspect and replace rollers (it is a recommended industry advisory to inspect rollers every two years and replace them every five years)
- Jamb seal and weatherstripping wear and condition inspection
- Torsion cable adjustment and/or replacement
Inspect Your Garage Door Monthly
A garage door should be inspected by the occupants, someone in your family, or an employee at least monthly. A quick inspection of the door can help you catch issues that need to be resolved as soon as possible, preventing further damage to the garage door. Your monthly garage door maintenance inspection should include the following:
- Find out if the garage door can be opened manually from the outside without using the opener
- If the garage door has windows, check it for broken glass
- When opening or closing the garage door, listen for unusual noises while it is moving
- Be sure that the garage door can close completely without any problems
- Check the eye of the sensor with a broom handle to ensure that it senses the object and forces the door to reopen instead of closing it completely
- Check the alignment of the door by disconnecting the opener and then opening the door yourself (if you struggle to open the door, it definitely needs to be immediately inspected)
Put Your Trust in Door-Mart™ Garage Doors
The Door-Mart™ Garage Doors team has more than 40 years of experience providing clients throughout California with superior garage door maintenance. When you are in need of garage door repair, don’t hesitate to call our trusted team at 1-800-829-9833 to schedule an appointment. Whether you need us during normal business hours or in an emergency, we will send a technician to your location to rectify the situation.
We take pride in the service we offer our clients and their satisfaction with the job provided. Browse through the hundreds of testimonials from clients found on Customer Lobby to get a better sense of why we have become a top trusted garage door company in California over the past 40 years.
Schedule Garage Door Maintenance For Your Home or Business Today
Does your garage door require maintenance? Yearly garage door maintenance can be a game changer for your garage door, the opener, and all the associated componentry. Regular maintenance can find underlying issues that might have to be repaired immediately in order to avoid damage to the garage door systems.
Call Door-Mart™ Garage Doors at 1-800-829-9833 to schedule an appointment for maintenance, replacement, emergency service, or to request an estimate. We serve clients in Sacramento, San Jose, San Francisco, Fresno, San Diego, and surrounding cities.
We are a fully licensed California contractor (Lic. #898715).